Pet lovers - get ready for another free, fun day for the whole family at the 13th Annual Bow-Wows & Meows Pet Fair taking place at Newhall’s William S. Hart Park on Sunday, October 13.
The popular fair will feature an exciting lineup of entertainment, pet-related vendors as well as low cost adoptions from six Los Angeles County shelters. All pets are spayed or neutered, up to date on vaccinations, and licensed at time of adoption.
“Our mission is to celebrate pets, encourage animal awareness and promote pet adoption. We‘re happy that thousands of people agree and join us each year to participate,” said founder Yvonne Allbee. “Of course, our biggest thrill is when these wonderful pets find homes. Last year, we adopted out close to160 dogs and cats. We’d like to increase that number in 2013.”
The festivities kick off at 11 a.m. and include:
• Awesome entertainment from The Extreme Canine Stunt Show at 11:30 and 2:30 p.m. The Famous Fun Dog Show, with categories ranging from best vocalist to mystery mutt to pet-owner look alike at 1:30 p.m.
• Personalized ID tags and children’s bracelets
• A special day pass to the Kids Zone ride area
• A delicious array of food (including vegetarian options)
• Shopping opportunities ranging from premium pet food to fantastic pet accessories
• Free rabies and low-cost vaccines plus free microchips
• County license renewals will also be available on site for pet owners. Leashed, well-behaved, socialized dogs are welcome to attend the fair with their owners.
Since it began in 2001, the Valencia-based Bow-Wows & Meows, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, has adopted out more than 1,360 shelter animals at their annual pet fairs. “Adoption is not only cost-effective, it saves shelter animals and reduces the overpopulation problem created by breeders and pet stores,” Allbee said. “At Bow-Wows & Meows, our goal is to give every shelter pet a second chance at a wonderful life.”
Bow-Wows & Meows Pet Fair, Sunday, October 13 at William S. Hart Park, 24151 Newhall Avenue, Newhall. 11 a.m.–4 p.m. Free. For more information, visit www.bowwowsandmeows.org or call (661) 297-5961. Hart Park offers shuttled parking for people/pets at just $3 and free parking remains available in the surrounding areas.